Market sector: Health
Qi Consulting is committed to providing professional services to the health sector. A high proportion of our consultants focus exclusively on the UK health sector and are familiar with the policy issues and operational challenges facing this sector.
Our consultants undertake continuous monitoring of the health sector environment to maintain their knowledge via their interaction with the Department of Health, Connecting for Health, Strategic Health Authorities and individual trusts. Many of our consultants are also frequently invited to speak at health sector conferences and seminars.
Examples of recent assignments in a healthcare setting include:
Strategy, leadership and strategic planning:
- strategic business planning and development of long range strategies to support Department for Heath and national NHS priorities / programmes / initiatives and local improvement plans;
- strategic leadership for the health sector;
- advice and development of ‘Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare’ strategy;
- health improvement strategies focusing on the cyclical basis of influencing the development of policies, implementing strategies to put the policies into effect and assessing the impact of policies on health;
- Business Case advice and development including strategic fit, options appraisal, commercial aspects, affordability and achievability.
- operational and organisational advice and support in designing and managing change in Health organisations and systems such as Foundation Trust status;
- developing patient, public and community engagement and communication strategies;
- change management strategy, including cultural change assessment, change readiness reviews, capability building, mentoring change leaders and application of recognised tools and techniques such as Business Process Re-engineering.
- strategic, practical and operational advice around cost effective clinical and non clinical healthcare delivery systems and ancillary support services;
- advice on the clinical performance of service contracts to demonstrate quality assurance, clinical governance and best practice.
Commercial, procurement and service management:
- assessment and planning advice for commission functions, identifying priorities, designing services, shaping supply structure and managing demand;
- commercial advice on establishing and managing joint ventures and other corporate arrangements in the NHS;
- development of shared services programme and structure;
- developing procurement skills for commissioning of clinical services to manage integration from NHS, independent sector and private providers.